Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Roller Coaster Called Motherhood































I am blessed, but it is so easy to loose sight of that. 24/7 I spend with this little babes and my world is completely involved in their needs and wants. It is thick with highs and lows. They can be experiencing giggles with the cousins one moment and then feeling sick as a dog the next moment. They can be playing with our new wagon and then slip and get a huge goose egg. I think it is hard to stay focused in those moments. It is easy to get swept up in the extremes of emotions these little ones go through and as a stay at home mom, it is very hard work to stay balanced through it all.

Motherhood has shown me such joy and such sadness. Surprisingly though, I am not as emotional as I use to be. I am one of four sisters and I was always coined the "worrier" for the family. I could cry at the drop of a hat and always carried such anxiety and worry on my shoulders. Don't get me wrong, I still am great 
at worrying about my babies and having a good cry fest once and awhile, but overall I feel motherhood as trained me to be more balanced. 

My days are long and often lacking in adult interaction. I know that if I let myself ride the roller coaster of emotions that my kids go through, I will not make it through the day. I find myself striving to create a calm in our lives. To breathe in an out and not let all those crazy moments get the best of me. I know the power I have in these children's lives and I don't  take that lightly. The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down (Prov 14:1). It is a daily choice and I don't always choose it daily, but that's life, right? Oh, that we would continue to crave growth and change!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...